Rajmachi Trek

Hey Guys!


I recently went to Rajamchi for a 2 day trek with AO Trekkers. I have previously been with them to Lohagad Trek and by the end of it I realized how much I suck at trekking! I mean.. just think of something you are completely rubbish at, yes! that's exactly how I am when it comes to trekking and adding to it my fear of heights!



But I guess, I love the mountains way too much than my fear of heights so I signed up as soon as I found AO Trekkers was planning a trek to Rajmachi (You guys should definitely check them out, they are the best people when it comes to organizing treks!).


So I had never been to a 2 day trek so I packed whatever I could get my hands on, extra pair of clothes, bits and bobs, seven course meal (thanks mom!) and the lost city of Atlantis!.


For those who don't know there are two ways to reach Rajmachi, one is via Lonavala which is easy but takes more time and the second one is via Karjat which is difficult.


When we were ascending towards Rajmachi we took the route via Lonavala. From Mumbai to Lonavala is 2.5 hour train ride. It took us about 5 hours to reach Udhewadi village, terribly tired with no water. Hungrily gorged down food served by local village house. (I ate like I had never seen food before!)

(Incase you plan on taking this route there is no water accessible till you reach a village so make sure you have enough water for 5 a hour long trek)


We slept on mattresses, which by the way felt divine.

Next day, We went to explore Shrivardhan Fort


Spent time besides a small pond.



And explored some more.



And now the most scary part of the trek (atleast for me), descending Rajmachi via Karjat.



When I first saw the route, I was like... No thank you! No way! am I coming down from that route.. I will stay in this village all my life... I am sure my parents and people at work will understand.

There's was no way proper way to descend.. we had to make our way through the mountains, steep slopes, sharp turns, one wrong step and you go straight down. Not ideal for someone who is scared of heights and rains had made the way slippery.


But, volunteers from AO Trekkers were really nice and helpful.  One of them held my windsheater, one held my bag and one of them helped me get down (Yeah! I was quite a nuisance).

For the past 3 hours, the volunteers kept telling us "only 10-15 mins remaining till we reach the base" and stupid as it may sound, that just kept us going.

When I finally saw some local homes and realized we have finally reached the base, it was the best feeling EVER!.



And that is how my trip came to an end.

Ofcourse! I will be going to more treks and beat the crap out of my fear for heights. (I only hope AO Trekkers don't ban me from their further treks!)

You guys have a fun weekend, till then I will nurse my toe which has swollen to the size of tomato!

Until next time!

CONVERSATION