Kulhad Malai Kulfi

Yesterday I relished on these rich, creamy and intensely flavoured Kulhad Malai Kulfi.


You: why is she making Kulfi in winters?!?

Me: I know are temperatures are finally dipping in Mumbai and it's time to bring out the wool but it's not winters, not yet my friend! It's just getting pleasantly cold.  

So I fancied these rich Malai kulfi just before Hot Chocolate becomes a new staple at home.

Ingredients:

Full Fat Milk - 1 litre
Powdered Cup - 1/2 Cup
Cardamom (Elaichi) 3 pieces
Pistachio (Pista) - 6 Pieces
Cashew Nuts - 6 Pieces
Almonds - 6 pieces
Saffron - Few strands

Start by boiling Full Fat Milk in wide bottom pan (Wide Bottom pan will help in bringing the milk to boil faster)




Keep Stiring occasionally so that the milk does not stick to the bottom.




When the milk is reduced to half add Saffron strands.





Powdered Sugar.. (I have OCD when it comes to measuring ingredients..hence those cups)  


Add in pistachio, Cashew Nuts, Almonds and cardamom and Stir

Keep in on Medium flame and keep stiring so that it does not stick to the bottom. This dessert requires a paitence and I Promise ya it is worth it! So KEEP STIRING!


Once the mixture is reduced to 1/4 quantity, turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.

Pour the mixture in Kulfi molds. I ditched the usual Kulfi molds and served in these small Kulhad I bought from Swadeshi Art And Craft Festival.

Place these in the fridge for a few hours. Now place them in deep freeze section (I told ya it's all about patience). This process is required so that ice does not form in the kulfi and stays creamy. 

Let it set for 7-8 hours or overnight (if you can control your carvings!). 

I could only set it for 5 - 6 hours because the kids in the house just couldn't wait any more (by kids I mean my Mom & Dad!)


Those Kulhad are adorable, aren't they? Maybe you could serve your guests in these the next time they visit! 


Snuggle in your warm woollens with your loved ones and enjoy these chilled Kulhad Malai Kulfi's..The Irony!

Until Next Time,
XOXO

CONVERSATION