SHIRTING THE SAREE

As much as I love power suits and western wear, I love myself a good six yard saree, especially draping the hand loom elegance.


This time around I wanted to experiment with the blouse by "shirting the saree". This look can easily be worn to work or for informal parties by accessorizing the right way.


If the shirt looks familiar to you, that's because I had styled it here!


I went in with an all black shirt with a white collar to give it a contemporary look & borrowed the saree from Aai's wardrobe.


I like how it adds a fun element to the look but also looks chic and trendy. It doesn't require the whole drama of matching colors, which is a blessing for someone who isn't very obsessed with what they wear.



Rather than accessorizing with a usual statement necklace I paired it with oxidized statement earrings as their was a lot going on around the neck with the collar and zari work.

Lastly one can never go wrong with a small black bindi.

I would love to know how you guys style your saree, do let me know in the commenst below!

Much Love,
Gauri

Shirt : Miss Chase Crop Top buy here
Saree : Mom's Closet

CONVERSATION