Tata LiteratureLive - Mumbai Literature Festival 2016

Hey Guys! Yesterday I visited Tata LiteratureLive, the Mumbai Literature Festival and I cannot stop gushing about it! It was such an exhilarating experience to be sharing energy with such eminent personalities from all walks of life.


I mean just imagine casually walking past Mr. Amish Tripathi, Mr. Amitav Ghosh, Gulzar Sahab, Mr. Devdutt Pattanaik, Mr. Pavan Varma and so many more, asking them questions, taking selfies and getting your books signed by them like its no big deal.

I am sorry I haven't taken many pictures Actually I am not even sorry, 'cause sometimes we just have to learn to put our phones down and just be there in the moment. What more important would be happening in the virtual world than listening to such renowned people talk?!

I attended the Day 2 of the festival at Experimental NCPA Theatre. The first session which I attended was Do authors know where the story is going? The discussion was between Mr. Amish Tripathi, Mr. Giorgio Montefoschi, Ms. Monica Cantieni and the chair was Ms. Shefali Shah. The authors shared their experiences while writing books. Some of their habits are so amusing, like Mr Amish Tripathi needs music and cream biscuits at 5 am while writing his books. Any Amish Tripathi fans out there? so now you know what to gift him next time you meet (your're welcome!).



Mr. Giorgio Montefoschi at first came across as very stern but as the ice broke he was so much more approachable while taking questions from the audience. And Ms Monica Cantieni is such a good humored lady and relateable.

Their discussions were so honest, raw and off handily mentioning the fact that sometimes they don't know where their writing is going. And how important it is to just go with the flow and let the plot change completely. How at times they take "revenge" with some characters in their books by killing it, if they are causing a lot chaos.



The next session I attended was with Mr. Devdutt Pattanaik where he shared with us his insights from his new book Olympus which is based on Greek mythology. To be honest I haven't read any Greek mythology stories so it was a delight when your favorite author pens down his perspective of Greek myths.

And last session which I attended was Gulzar Sahab in conversation with Mr Pavan Varma, lo and behold it was full house (ofcourse!). I think I live under a rock 'cause I still don't own any of his books or poems or translations. His poems are not just about love and romance but there's so much wit, social awareness, love for god and so many more dimensions of love. When he speaks urdu it's just like poetry in motion and the whole crowd goes "wah wah".


(My photography skills are just blah! working on it.. Promise!)


What stuck me most was all these amazing people are so humble and inspiring. They tried there's best to oblige everyone with selfies, autographs, even some annoying fangirls *cough* me! *cough*.  At the end of the day I realized there so much more to do, to read, to meet amazing people and most importantly to become these amazing personalities. 

I tried my best to put my best day in words and yet I don't feel I have done justice to it. It just makes my resolve to go to Jaipur Literature Festival so much more stronger (More about it later!). Have you been to any literature Festival recently? How was your experience?

CONVERSATION